Originally built in 1776 by Thomas Dow on land formerly owned by Major General Daniel Dennison, from Ipswitch, Mass., who was awarded 600 acres of land in c. 1660 for his meritorious service in the King Phillips War by the General Court of Massachusetts -- the Sweetheart Inn has enjoyed the love of many families in its' long journey over the last 225 years.
Located on what was once known as 'Reuben Boles Rd.' named after a local land baron, the Inn has been used as a residence and as a general location for the distilling of alcohol. Its' original barn burned to the ground in the manufacturing of 'elixirs and spirits.' A happening and gala gathering place for locals, its' history has seen many incarnations. Many of our regular customers still recall stories from their childhood of its' colorful past.
Renovated in 2003 and again in 2005 by the Condon family, the Inn now accommodates open and private dining simultaneously. The Inn enjoys the company of neighbors and newcomers alike. Please.....sit, relax and enjoy the ambience of our quaint New England Inn....we're glad you're here!
Michael and Lee Ann Condon